Tuesday, May 19, 2009

He is Faithful (number 31 in a series)

“I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations. For I have said, Mercy shall be built up for ever: thy faithfulness shalt thou establish in the very heavens.” Psalm 89:1-2 (KJV)

Living in the foothills is an unbelievable experience. I learn new things every day. One of the biggest surprises I had was discovering the Sierra Nevada mountains are not looming over everything. In fact, I seldom see them.

The foothills are high enough around us to block the view of the mountains most of the time. But every so often, you round a curve or top a hill and find amazing beauty spread before you as the snow-frosted mountains come into view. The mountains are there, whether you see them or not. They may be out of your line of sight, but they are still rising majestically in their place.

The mountains remind me of the faithfulness of God. Even when I don’t see His hand or hear His voice, He is still there. He has promised to be with me and never to forsake me. Mountains may shift and crumble, eroded or shaved by man’s designs. God will not be moved. He is constant, dependable, faithful.

What are the signs in your life of God’s faithfulness? Have you praised Him for them lately?

Father, we thank you for Your promise to always be with us and we praise You for Your everlasting faithfulness. Keep us ever mindful of Your presence, even when unseen.

© 2009 Mary Beth Magee

No comments: